Funny characters that could be used to help remember the elements in Group 1 of the periodic table:
- “Lithium Larry”: Lithium Larry is a lighthearted, carefree character who loves nothing more than to bounce around and have fun.
- “Salty Sam”: Salty Sam is a brash and outspoken character who always speaks his mind, just like the highly reactive element sodium.
- “Potty Pete”: Potty Pete is a mischievous character who loves to play pranks and get into trouble, just like the reactive element potassium.
- “Rubber Rob”: Rubber Rob is a flexible, go-with-the-flow character who is always up for an adventure, just like the highly reactive element rubidium.
- “Crazy Cesium”: Crazy Cesium is a wild and unpredictable character who is always on the lookout for excitement, just like the highly reactive element cesium.
- “Frantastic Fran”: Frantastic Fran is a rare and mysterious character who is always full of surprises, just like the rare element francium. Did you like funny characters as elements in Group 1?
- “Naan-Naan”: A character dressed as a traditional Indian chef, complete with a chef’s hat and a rolling pin. He’s always shown holding a tray of naan bread, representing sodium’s role in food preservation.
- “Lithium Lassi”: A character with a rubber face and a very flexible body, representing lithium’s low density and high reactivity. He’s always shown bouncing around, unable to stay still.
- “Potassium Patel”: A character dressed as a farmer, complete with a traditional Indian head wrap and a kurta. He’s always shown holding a basket of ripe potassium-rich fruits, like mangoes.
- “Rubidium Raj”: A character dressed as a detective, complete with a traditional Indian turban and a magnifying glass. He’s always shown solving “mysteries” of chemical reactions that involve rubidium.
Do you have some funny characters as well?
Mnemonics to remember the elements
You should buy and read this book on IB chemistry IA.